17523 Shoreline Highway
Stunning waterfront hideaway perched on the eastern banks of Tomales Bay with jaw-dropping, unobstructed views of Olema Valley, the Inverness Ridge and Point Reyes National Seashore. Bordered on the south by national park, this very private 2 bedroom 2 bathroom home sits on over an acre and features floor-to-ceiling windows allowing panoramic views, soaring ceilings with exposed wood beams, and a freshly remodeled kitchen over-looking a spacious living room. Setting the property apart are the grounds with a private beach and kayak access, all year round spring-fed ponds and horseshoe pit. Come enjoy nature at its finest from the comfort of this luxury home.
- Private beach
- Gorgeous sweeping view of the bay and surrounding national parks
- Open floor plan
- Floor-to-ceiling windows
- Cathedral ceilings
- Newly remodeled kitchen
- Spacious living room
- Wrap-around deck
- She shed
- Tool room
- Kayak shed
- Horseshoe pit
- Spring-fed ponds
- Bordered by a national park
- Watch marine life from the dining room window
- Magical sunsets
- Per EHS the septic system is permitted for a 3BD home
“The wide-open, picture-perfect spaces" of West Marin include the coastal communities of Stinson Beach and Bolinas; the dairy farms of Olema, Point Reyes Station, Tomales, Marshall and Nicasio; and the forest glens of Lagunitas, San Geronimo, and Woodacre.
Uniting all West Marin communities is a love for the land. That’s not going to change soon, thanks to the efforts of Marin Agricultural Land Trust, an organization dedicated to preserving farmland through voluntary conservation easements.
Outdoor recreation ranges from surfing at Bolinas and Stinson Beach to mountain biking on Mount Tamalpais and the annual Dipsea foot race to Stinson Beach. West Marin is an area of unrivaled natural beauty, one that can lay claim to the Golden Gate National Recreation Area, Muir Beach State Bark, Stinson Beach State Park, Muir Woods National Monument, and Point Reyes National Seashore.
Of course it’s not all about the outdoors in West Marin. Devotees of inner peace turn to the Green Gulch FarmZen Center in Muir Beach and Spirit Rock Meditation Center in Woodacre. And for those who need to feed the belly as well as the soul, Point Reyes Station has become a destination for the locavore movement. The town is home to Marin Sun Farms, purveyor of ethically raised and butchered meat, and Cowgirl Creamery, which makes its award-winning cheeses using organic milk from nearby Straus Family Creamery.
What We Love
- Stunning views and sunsets
- Bird watching and wildlife observing
- Privacy (National Park to the South, no full-time neighbors to the North)
- “Private” beach
- Kayak hut just above beach – kayaking, sailing, paddle boarding, etc. (we could include three kayaks, one Laser Pico sailboat and a paddle board in the sale)
- Long walks along beach beyond headland
- Friends and family (especially young kids) visiting and enjoying the property, beach, and water activities; entertaining on the deck
- Marshall social life
- Excellent bike riding country
Additional Showings by Appointment:
Contact Sarah Kowalczyk
Contact Lotte Moore